Friday, January 1, 2016

Out With the Old and In With the New

Happy New Year!!!  I'm having a hard time believing that it is 2016.  Where did this past year go?  It seems that the older I get, the faster time passes.  As much as I want time to slow down for everything else in life, I have to admit that I want to press the fast forward button on this renovation.  Progress is being made every day and for that I'm incredibly thankful, but I'm so ready for all of the ideas and dreams to manifest into reality.

Over the last month, a significant amount of work has been completed.

Our entire back yard had to be dug up for a new septic system.



Came home to a nice little surprise.

Standing in the mud room/hallway and looking into the master suite.

Garage


I sweep/vacuum daily.  This was a good day - the smallest amount of dirt I've had to sweep up so far.


Dining room




I do believe it is all starting to come together and we couldn't be more pleased with the progress.  Our general contractor is a delight to work with and the workers are so friendly and diligent.  I am actually loving the whole process!  We have been out of town for two weeks and the crew has been working during our time away.  I am anxious to get back home so we can see the interior walls and other updates.  Over the next two weeks, we will be deciding on exterior siding color, interior paint colors, bathroom fixtures, lighting, and such.  We have already placed a few orders and I am happily creating a nice little storage pile of all our goodies.

Before I go, I wanted to share my goals and dreams for the upcoming year.  There are two words that I keep coming back to and I am choosing to make them my focus words for 2016 - rest and discovery.  I tend to always say 'yes' and consequentially find myself over-committed.  I am going to work on being intentional with my time, while also learning to say 'no.'  With that being said, through my brief moments of rest and reflection over the last few months, I have discovered that my interests and desires are changing.  This house renovation has sparked creativity within me that I didn't even know existed.  Caleb and I have been discussing and dreaming of possible future endeavors and I am excited, anxious, nervous, unsure, and hopeful (all at the same time) about where my/our ideas may lead.  I'm hoping that you will get to see some of these creative bits play-out through this blog.

As we say hello to 2016, I pray many blessings to all of you in the upcoming year and hope that you find beauty and joy in discovering who you are, and resting in the assurance that you are right where you should be.  It's going to be a good, good year.
 photo Lauren Blog Signature_zpsemljyqmp.png

No comments :

Post a Comment